Abstracts can be submitted via the Conference website from 29th August 2017 until 31th May 2018 (extended deadline). Abstracts must be submitted to one of the 2018 ENSO Conference sessions. Selected contributions will be invited for oral presentation, all others as posters. All abstracts must be submitted in English, with a maximum of 3000 characters (including spaces), and must exclude symbols, mathematical formula and figures. Submission of an abstract implies that CLIVAR has permission to reproduce the abstract in the programme and reports related to the Conference. Email for all authors is mandatory and is the only identity in the system.
Limited resources are available to support attendance of researchers from developing countries and Early Career Scientists (ECS)*. To be eligible for the travel grant, the participant must be the first author and presenting author of an abstract that has been accepted by the conference. The result of abstract acceptance will be announced after 31th May 2018.
* Early Career Scientists are defined as current students, or researchers within 5 years of their most recent degree.
EARLY CAREER SCIENTIST POSTER COMPETITION
Early career scientists and students attending the ENSO2018 Conference and presenting posters are eligible to be considered for outstanding poster awards. A distinguished committee of senior and early career scientists will review and identify outstanding posters given by students and early career scientists. Best posters will be announced during the closing session of the conference on the 18th of October.
Contest general guidelines:
- The first author of the poster should be registered as a student or ECS (if in doubt, check your registration) and be the poster presenter at the ENSO2018 Conference;
- The presenter has to indicate that s/he wishes to participate in the competition by attaching a sticker to her/his poster; these stickers will be available in the poster room;
- The presenter must be next to her/his poster during the judging period which will be indicated in the poster room;
- The poster must be formatted according to the poster guidelines;
- The presentation by the ECS must be original and based on recent research results;
- The Award will go to the poster presenter (who must be the first author and an ECS or student).
The posters will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Scientific merit and novelty
- Originality of work
- Aesthetics of display
- Clarity of the poster
- Oral presentation of the poster and responses to questions
Score sheets with comments will be emailed to participants following the conference.