Abstracts can be submitted via the Conference website from 29th August 2017 until 30th April 2018. Abstracts must be submitted to one of the 2018 ENSO Conference sessions. Selected contributions will be invited for oral presentation, all others as posters. All abstracts must be submitted in English, with a maximum of 3000 characters (including spaces), and must exclude symbols, mathematical formula and figures. Submission of an abstract implies that CLIVAR has permission to reproduce the abstract in the programme and reports related to the Conference. Email for all authors is mandatory and is the only identity in the system.
Limited resources are available to support attendance of researchers from developing countries and Early Career Scientists (ECS)*. To be eligible for the travel grant, the participant must be the first author and presenting author of an abstract that has been accepted by the conference. The result of abstract acceptance will be announced after 30 April 2018.
* Early Career Scientists are defined as current postgraduate students, or researchers within 5 years of their most recent degree.
EARLY CAREER SCIENTIST POSTER COMPETITION
Early Career Scientists (ECS) attending the ENSO conference and presenting posters are eligible to be considered for outstanding poster awards. A distinguished committee of scientists will review and identify outstanding posters.
Contest general guidelines:
- The first author of a poster should be registered as an ECS (if in doubt, check your registration), and be the one presenting the poster.
- The presenter has to indicate that she/he wishes to participate in the competition in the registration stage, and by attaching a card marked ECS to the top of her/his poster on site. These cards will be available in the poster session rooms.
- The presenter must be next to her/his poster during the first hour of the poster session.
- The poster must be formatted according to the poster guidelines.
- The presentation by the ECS must be original and based on recent research results.
- The outstanding award certificate will be awarded to the poster presenter during the closing session of the conference on 18th October
The posters will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Scientific merit, including objectives, background, and conclusions
- Originality and creativity of approach
- Layout and clarity of the poster
- Oral presentation of the poster and responses to questions
Score sheets with comments will be emailed to participants following the conference.